Dr. Ross McKay DC, CSSP
Growing up in Canada, Dr. McKay played many sports, including tennis, volleyball, wrestling, soccer, cross country and track and field. He excelled in baseball and hockey, ultimately playing professional hockey in the Hartford Whalers organization for 3 years, including a Calder Cup Championship.
The experiences he gained in athletics along with many years of education have helped him to understand sports injuries and how athletes can be helped to recover quickly. He served as a sideline physician for 3 local high schools, working alongside school athletic trainers to provide care for the school athletes.
Dr. McKay uses the same principals for all his patients no matter their age or activity level. Injuries, muscle aches, chronic pain, headaches and more can be helped. As always, he strives to help everyone feel better quickly, so they can return to “play their game” without missing much time.
Dr. McKay lives in the western suburbs with his wife and 2 children.
* B.S. in Physical Education - University of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, Canada
* B.S. in Biology, Doctor of Chiropractic, and Certified Acupuncturist - National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, Illinois
* Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician - Palmer College, Davenport, Iowa
* Protocols of the Tour De France Seminars - Dr. Jeff Spencer, Washington, D.C.
* Past Faculty Instructor - Worsham College Anatomy Dept.
* Dr. McKay is also a former professional athlete in the NHL, coach and team physician.
" Having this extensive background in athletics helps me understand injuries much more thoroughly, allowing for better treatment options." - Dr. Ross McKay D.C. CCSP